Wednesday, February 27, 2008

No More "Mom Jeans" For Me....

At the request of my Darling Daughter Unit, I have been SERIOUSLY searching the world over for jeans that have no resemblance whatsoever to "mom jeans" (click on "mom jeans" to see a FUNNY video) which are the frumpy counterparts to "sexy jeans". Also, be sure to scroll all the way down to the video that is second from the bottom. It made me laugh so hard that I thought for sure I was going to pull a muscle in my face. Somewhere along the road to midlife, I fell into a black hole, otherwise known as "frumpdom". You know what I mean.... the point where comfort becomes more important than looks. Ummm... roughly around the arrival of one's first child, and careening downhill from there. Gone are the spike heels, the designer business suits, the partying wardrobe, formal attire and so on. As a mother, one hesitates to wear anything she doesn't want permanently soiled. So, slouchy frumpdom begins. And honestly, after this point it becomes all about the kids. Don't get me wrong, I always put everyone else before myself because I wanted to. It's just the way I am.


Then, this miraculous, aporetic thing happens to your life. Once you get over the initial shock of the kids being grown & gone, you realize that you're still a vital, living, breathing human being who still looks great, wants to have fun, and suddenly remembers a vocabulary long forgotten. It's like a gift, really. You wake up one day & realize that you've still got a lotta living to do and you damn well don't want to do it without style! At this point, they're going to have to drag me kicking & screaming from this world, because I'm not going without a damn good fight. I want to live long enough to spend my children's inheritance, at the very least.




So, I have finally found a WINNER! These jeans are so wonderful that I bought TWO pairs, which is my normal M.O. when I find things I like. They look great, are stretchy, and give the illusion of being hip-huggers (minus the belly & various other over-hangs). Plus, they are modestly priced, can be dressed up or down, and they make me look ultra skinny!! I have a longer pair that I wear with heels and another shorter pair I can wear with flats, like my new favorite leopard print flats. I am infinitely more comfortable in flats, but occasionally like to dress things up a bit, without reeeeally getting dressed up. Like to go to lunch with friends or a quick Mexican food dinner with the hubby.


Don't grab your purses & dash out the door yet. These jeans are available on fleabay for a fraction of what they cost through someone's home-show. Of course, I bought mine from a friend who sells this line from her home, and I was glad to help her out while I was spending money. Might as well help someone through my urges to spend, right? Anyway, she was 100% right about the jeans & I adore them. Everywhere I wear them, friends & strangers compliment the way I look in them. Now, what's not to love about that? For the first time in years, I have a really great new wardrobe and can always feel confident about how I look, anywhere I go. Besides, the best part of all is that they are tagged a size 6 and I wear 10's & 12's. Well, HOT DAMN! I'll buy anything that fits and says it's a 6!


So, it seems I've finally come full circle and am beginning to feel young again. As a matter of fact, hubby & I are going to Los Angeles in March to visit our very important assistant music producer daughter and for once, I hope I don't embarrass her with the way I look. I think she'll be pleased with this new transformation... Oh - and the hubby & I are planning to go to Disneyland during our stay, just for shitz & giggles. Neither of us has ever been, so we (actually, I mean me, myself & I) are excited. The hubby is just being nice to say he'll go along, since he NEVER went on any of the amusement park trips I took the kids kids on 3 or 4 times a year. I finally get a small dose of revenge. hehehehehe... He's going to just LOVE the roller-coasters... NOT!

3 comments:

Desiree Eaglin said...

I am happy that you are happy. Seriously. There's nothing better than reading a happy person's blog. :o)
I recently bought my very first pair of "mom jean's". Cause well, there ARE more comfortable...
Maybe I should break this habit now. ha ha.
You'll have fun at Disneyland.

brneyedgal967 said...

MOM JEANS! OMG I am soooo guilty of that. The jeans you found look really cute! Unfortunately I'm a size 16 now (gag) and it's gotta be up to the waist line or my curves spilleth over in a most unflattering way. Thank God for poofy, billowy blouses - that's all I can say.

Snooty Primadona said...

Shhhh... because I'm only telling you two this. I still have my "mom jeans" & wear them around the house... because they are still soo comfortable. They're kinda like my security blankee. As a matter of fact, I think I'll get out of my robe & go put them on, LOL!If it's any consolation, I've been every size known to woman, which is why MY CLOTHES are filling all 6 closets in our house. I never know when I'm going to blossom out again, so I need all those sizes. Hopefully, after I'm done with menopause I can pick a size & stick with it, but probly not, since I've been a yo-yo since Jr. High. I believe that the word "tunic" is far too prevalent in my wardrobe vocabulary.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs