Friday, May 23, 2008

Big Love.... A Polygamist's Quandary

I was sickened to the point of nausea upon hearing tonight's news about the Third Court of Appeals Judge in Austin who ruled that all of the authorities involved in removing the children from the compound, did so without proven cause. Which means children & mothers will be returning to their cozy little (ahem!) inbred homes.

Am I missing something here? Is it not illegal in this day & age to practice polygamy? Since when did it once again become acceptable for very young girls to marry & have sex with a much older man who already has a harem of wives? Are we actually spinning back in time? This whole disgusting situation gives one pause to ponder. Oooops! Silly me. It's all under the umbrella of Freedom of Religion. Hmm... I wish that made me feel better about all of this, but it fails to do so.

I mean you can call me crazy or blind if you'd like, but has anyone ever noticed how much all of those people look alike? Hello. There's a valid reason for that. Uh-Huh. It makes me remember back when HBO had their series Big Love on for a couple of seasons. Honestly, I watched it out of morbid fascination and got hooked. Because I thought it was just TV, as usual. Huh-Uh. Nope, it depicted these people on a very realistic level, especially after what I've seen in the news.

The inbreeding is obvious, even if they had not all been dressed alike with the same hairdos. (That alone is so creepy it makes my skin crawl.) The men don't all look the same or dress the same. Which leads me to believe that their whole lame system is based on degrading women and reducing them to nothing, in order to control them. Clothing as control. No individuality as control. Taking new wives as control. Being *reassigned* to another husband as control. Constant pregnancies from the early teens as control. Making them work like horses as control. No personal money as control. The list goes on Brothers & Sisters. The list goes on.

On one episode of Big Love I recall hearing Mary Kay Place's character trying to explain to one of the other wives' children how everyone was related and I have to give her a ^5(high five) for even remembering the lines for her character. The top of my head was on the floor trying to recover. It was mystifying, really, because the list was long. Unbelievably. Long. But this is merely *small stuff* compared to the real life version of the story.

Next, we have the massive amounts of money this sect has acquired by collecting welfare aid from the government. Those would be our hard earned dollars at work, Ladies & Gentlemen. Are you feeling warm & fuzzy about this yet? In Arizona alone, last year $8,000,000.00 was received in aid for these unwed mothers and is referred to by cult insiders as "Bleeding the Beast" which is primarily bleeding the U.S. Government of as much money and aid as they possibly can. It is in their doctrine. They even consider this act to be virtuous and that it is owed to them by the government for the past injustice of making laws against polygamy. Well, D-U-H. Polygamy was the practice of unenlightened, uneducated, ignorant and uncouth people. It is so difficult to believe that this kind of archaic practice is even in existence in this day & age. That is why it changed in this country. It is wrong, whether diguised as a religion or not. Old men having sex with 13 year old girls is wrong, is it not? Don't answer because it doesn't matter. I Think It's Wrong.

I remember Dateline doing several pieces in a series on catching child predators. Old men who met what they thought were young girls, over the internet, came to a house to meet them and they each got busted on TV as well as by the law enforcement officers. I must admit that I cannot see a difference here. Dirty Old Men and Young Girls. Same difference.

Old Men. Young Girls. NoNoNoNoNoNo!! A Million Times No. Oh, wait! I forgot that they are protected under the Freedom of Religion part of the First Amendment. Now, I've carefully studied the First Ammendment and I cannot find the place where it says it's okay to have multiple wives (ie: a harem) and have sex with underage girls, making them pregnant with their own nephew or niece. I almost forgot that our Forefathers had no earthly idea that such injustices would come to be, through their efforts to create a free country. Trust me when I say that today there were corpses turning over in their graves, all over the country. The corpses of the great men who founded this great country, with some of them giving their lives in order for us to have such freedoms. If they were alive to speak as to the true meaning of the First Ammendment today, they would be horribly shocked & ashamed by what has happened to such an important thing as the original intent of this document, that took them so long to complete with such insight & precision.

So, what part of all this am I not understanding? I challenge anyone to help me understand this entire train wreck, because I know you can't. I know you can't because it is wrong and deep down inside, those people know it. You know it. I know it. It. Is. Wrong. Period.

I am a huge believer in the First Ammendment rights, but NOT when it involves children having sex with old men and having babies out of wedlock who also bilk our government out of millions of dollars every year. Perhaps I am, indeed, not the brightest crayola in the box, but I don't get it. I don't care if it is doctrine taught from birth or not. I don't care that they say it is their religion. All that is, is a manipulation of words. Plain & Simple.

So, the upshot of this post is that I think that Third Appeals Court Judge had a good long look at the entirety of this situation and, realizing the overwhelming aspects of trying to sort out such a gargantuan mess, decided that it was better to just let them go back and inbreed together until it kills them all. If that is truly the case, then she copped out & took the easy road & I applaud her.

Otherwise, I just want to say Shame on that Third Court of Appeals Judge in Austin. I mean, what's next? That it's okay to have sex with animals in public? I'm certain that you could find a good argument for that as well, huh? Surely there is some little hole somewhere in a document, that you will find. Maybe next you can free serial killers from jail. Sounds like it's right up your alley. Which I hope they find their way to.

Oh Dear. It seems I have have gone off on yet another rant. Oh well. Deal with it.

18 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

You know, you never hear anything about brainwashing or Stockholm Syndrome in these reports. Surely those mothers who are of legal age have been programmed. How else could so many go along with it? A tragedy on every level.

Snooty Primadona said...

You bet. They are trained from birth and they know they are going to be assigned to some older man when they are as young as 9. They are taught the doctrine from day one, but it still doesn't make it right. Honestly, it makes me so nauseous to think about it. How could anyone who truly loves their child let this happen unless they were brainwashed from birth to believe that it's ok?

Treasia Stepp said...

Our world is going to hell in a hand basket and most of it is always blamed on the bill of rights.

QueenofPlanetHotflash said...

They get away with this shit because they are not "technically married" its like a man with 22 girlfriends that all want to shack up with him, one exception the CHILDREN do not have a choice. If the women want to be stepford like wives they are adults, but then again they were the children at one time too.Someone with some balls has to step in and stop it, I was hoping Texas had them.
You rant all you want Ms. Primadona, I'll carry your soapbox for you and hollar AMEN Sister!!

Unknown said...

You are so right! I'm sure my friends and family are absolutely sick of all my rants concerning this subject. What a bunch of dirty old men. You also hit the nail on the head about the welfare drain. This has been a huge soapbox for me. They are getting our money to support a lifestyle of absolute submission and child molestation. They talk about their self-sufficient lifestyle but nothing is ever brought up concerning the financial drain from the welfare coffers. They are doing all of this under the guise of "religious freedom." God has a special place for those men and it certainly won't be by his side! Whew! Definitely soapbox material!!!

Anonymous said...

Why do these people have their own rules and our government stands by them. You know if that was happening here, right here in my house I wounldn't be sitting here writing this comment !!!

Daryl said...

I couldnt agree more, Snooty, freedom of religion is one thing but chikd abuse which is what is happening there is another thing entirely. Even in Utah the home of Mormans poligomy is outlawed ..

BTW .. Big Love will be back this winter .. that episode and Mary Kay's character stuck with me too..

:-Daryl

elizasmom said...

This case is heartbreaking all around.

Polyamory is SO not for me, but if three or four or however many consenting adults want to do it, be my guest. That's the key, though — CONSENTING ADULTS. I don't think these women are truly consenting, because they have been coerced by their religious leaders. FOR DAMN SURE the girls aren't consenting. And all those pregnancies? This is where I start waving my arms around and freaking out and screaming about pregnancy as a tool of oppression. If all of your women and girls are tired and exhausted and sleep-deprived and suffering from PPD all the time, it's not like they're going to get the gumption to rise up and demand their fair share of right. HAAAAATE.

However (and here I prepare to duck): I haven't read that much coverage lately because it got too upsetting, but at least initially, what bothered me about the state's actions was that it hauled all the kids and mothers out but seemed to leave the men alone. THEY are the bastards; where are their consequences? Seemed like a case of punishing the (mostly) victims to me. I don't doubt that the kids need to be removed from the environment — but I do think, from what I have read (and again, you may have more facts than me) they could've done it more gently. In many cases they are traumatized teen moms who are basically still kids themselves in some ways. No matter how I feel about their religion, I felt sympathetic toward them when I thought about how I would feel if someone took my baby away from me for something my HUSBAND did.

Anonymous said...

It is a travesty of justice isn't it. I mean WTH, these young girls you know, some of want different lives, those that see past their injustices.

The whole practice of polygamy is just gross and the blleding of the system...don't even get me started!

Girl, you and I are on our soapboxes this morning!

Again, you and I, saving the world, one post at a time! Ha!

scargosun said...

I agree with eliza. If it is legalized marriage, no marrying kids and having sex with kids would be a seperate offense. Right now because polygamy is illegal, they get away with the whole welfare scam...LEGALLY.

It's not the polygamy I have the biggest problem with. It's raping of children and brainwashing of said kids.

abb said...

When it's a rant of this calaber, rant on PD, rant on! i agree with you 100%.

Snooty Primadona said...

Honestly, I must admit that after watching Big Love I don't have that big a problem with polygamy if they are all consenting adults, like in the main family on the show. It's certainly not for me. Of course, if I had an over-sexed hubby then I might welcome another wife at my age, lol.

But really, it's the sex with children & the programming from birth, and the welfare bilking that just makes me crazy.

Frankly, when you really think about it, who could possibly sort out such an intricate mess? Read this poor girl's story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/09/11/fleeing.polygamy.hammon/index.html

Jules said...

I bet the judge is a member of the cult!

Anonymous said...

Snooty,
I find it just as unacceptable as you do. That is one of the things that bothers me about freedom of religion; in some cases is can be used as a way to cheat the system or in this case to exploit the helpless. In my eyes this is worst that Catholic priests abusing young boys, because in this scenario, the family indoctrinate and proprogate the same things they have been taught. Who could you turn to?
And I agree with you completely regarding the control aspect. Like many crimes against the helpless, the over-riding goal is control... of all aspects of the victim's life. Even better, that the victims don't see themselves as such and help to perpetuate the doctrine.

Here, let me dust off the soapbox for you.

david mcmahon said...

I applaud you for your view.

Mamahut said...

Can I nominate you for president?

Snooty Primadona said...

And don't even get me started on the Child Protective Services & the Welfare Department. I'll save that rant for another time.

brneyedgal967 said...

Where's Janet Reno with a good ATF fire when you need it? That's what I want to know. Okay, in bad taste I know. Those children are precious and I wouldn't want to see them hurt. I don't even mind them living segregated lives of working the land and reading scripture and whatever they do... but can't they do it as the Amish do? As regular family units? It is a travesty. Absolutely.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs