Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Whole New Way To Love Your Favorite Coffee...




Eat it! Yes, you heard correctly. Coffee isn't just for breakfast & drunks anymore.

A few nights ago I decided to finally try a coffee/salt/pepper crusted rib eye and we both totally fell for the rich, deep flavor it added to the beef. So, still wanting more of that flavor, I've decided to try it on a pork tenderloin. I'm convinced we won't be disappointed. For some strange reason, the HU and I were both worried that the coffee would keep us awake all night. I know, crazy old farts, huh? Well, it did not. But, I did dream about that wonderful flavor...



Keep in mind that this can be used on any type of meat you like. I'm willing to bet that it would even work on chicken and some fish. Hmmmmm...

Grilled Coffee Crusted Pork Tenderloin:


Ingredients:
1 Pork Tenderloin (whatever size you prefer)
2 Tbl. Dark, Rich Coffee, freshly ground (I use chickory)

1 tsp. Pepper, freshly ground

1 tsp. Kosher Salt

1 Tbl. Olive Oil



Directions:

1. Coat all sides of meat with olive oil.

2. Mix together the coffee, pepper, and salt

3. Coat all sides of tenderloin with coffee mixture.

4. Grill over VERY HOT fire for 5-6 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.



I then served it with Roasted Rosemary Potato Wedges and sauteed snow peas with mushrooms & spring onions. We drank a nice Yellow Tail Shiraz with our meal and all was right with the world, for now.

9 comments:

abb said...

The coffee doesn't burn??? I hate coffee that's set for too long, but love the taste/aroma of it.

Think I'll try that for our next Sunday Dinner.

Snooty Primadona said...

I guarantee it doesn't burn. I think it does take the caffeine out though, lol.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

It really didnt' keep you up? I'm gonna try this, only if you promise you're not lying. I make beef tenderloin pretty often, and my method is getting old. This will be a great surprise for Commander.

Does it have to be fresh ground - or do you think if I buy ground it will work?

Snooty Primadona said...

I swear! I've also been thinking about doing a beef tender. There will be no regrets...

Mental P Mama said...

Yummy. I'm going over to Annie's when she makes this!

Anonymous said...

I think coffee really does add depth of flavor with a twist. It looks good on the pork.

brneyedgal967 said...

Wow - that looks great and I can't wait to try it! I will let you know how it turns out. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts and I'm always looking for different recipes to try it with. Oh... you've been tagged!! Again! LOL

That Janie Girl said...

I showed Steve and his eyes lit up.

So, with that in mind, when can you come do that at my house?

(That would be a "user" friend - I use you to come cook for me? No?? ;))

Anonymous said...

Our regular pub does that with prime rib... very tasty!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs