Thursday, May 29, 2008

I've Been Busy Playing Ketchup...

Ever since I started blogging I have been grossly neglecting everything else in my life, so I've been trying to play ketchup for the last week. I'm not even close to catching up yet. My new housekeeper doesn't do laundry or ironing, so I've given up on ever finding someone to iron. I've slowly been working through my pile of ironing, which is equivalent to having a root canal times 100. I've barely even made a dent and it's beginning to depress me. It's like the never ending pile of ironing. I swear it's multiplying while I sleep.

In addition to that I've also been trying to trim all the shrubs in the backyard because our yard man only mows, edges and blows the cuttings into the street so that it can all blow back after he leaves. Everything is hugely overgrown because I haven't done it since last Fall, so now I'm paying the price. My arms are aching from holding that damn electric thingy I trim the shrubs with. However, I feel lucky to still be in pocession of all my digits.

I'm still working on getting the vegetable garden ready, so that I can finally plant. We should be enjoying something fresh to eat by the end of June, which is the latest garden I've ever had. At least I finished the patio and repotting all the plants. I went through 3 extra large bags of potting soil in the process and got everything cleaned up after the harsh dirt storms we have all winter long. Frankly, as much as I enjoy having a garden, I'm done with it after this year. The physical work is becoming too much for me at this age and you can't pay anyone to do this, as far as I know. I'm tired of the toll it's taking on my nails and hands, my back, my feet... Oh, whatever! It's taking a toll on my entire body and I'd kind of like to save what little I've got left for moving sometime in the near future. Or not.

Then today, I spent the better part of the afternoon trying to find the lizzard that our cat Trouble brought in the house and then promptly let go. I kept hearing it scratching about in my den/office on the wood floor and it was making me nuts. I finally stopped looking when the sounds stopped. I figure I'll find it when the smell tells me where it is. Obviously, I've been through this before. Apparently, leaving her kill on the doorstep simply wasn't enough. She had to kick it up a level and bring them inside. So that she could let them go and die in obscure spots around the house. To be found later, when they are petrified. It's my least favorite part about having a cat. Well, this cat. All of the other cats I've ever had have always eaten their kill on the doorstep, like any normal cat.

Anyway, I'm exhausted beyond belief and I'm going to bed now. Well, as soon as I dig the inch or so of dirt out from under my fingernails. And throw away the cold, deceased lizard I just stepped on with my bare foot, on my way back from the kitchen. Oh great, I found him before he stinks at any rate.



This is where our genius cat lost the lizzard...

14 comments:

Desiree Eaglin said...

lol! cats are so much fun when they bring home presents! hey-at least it's not a bird!
i ignore everything else when i blog too, that's why i've been on a blogging hiatus. :o)

Daryl said...

I hear you...ranting is good for the complexion! Rant away! I will join you.

I am so glad our two are indoor cats .. tho they do hunt moths and other gross creepy crawlers that occasionally climb up from the basement ... on the list of plus/minus about living on the ground floor .. the potential creepy crawly is a HUGE minus.

Come live in NYC .. plant in window boxes and whine along with me over the DUST .. and as for ironing .. I will not buy anything that needs ironing ... if I do my mistake it ends up at the dry cleaners ... I am not even sure we still have an iron!

:-Daryl

Anonymous said...

Our cats bring their kill into the garage and leave them in front of the driver's door of my car. I have cursed more that one morning to find pools of blood and open carcasses at my toes. Why must they do that?

Hope the gardening is going well. I'm with you on the sore back, arms, etc...

Drop by when you get a chance!

scargosun said...

I hear you. I have catch up to do too but it's not all my fault. We had all that Memorial Day weekend stuff to do last week and it threw a wrench into my weekly cleaning.
Awww...Snooty Cat just wanted a pet of her own...in the house...house pet.

imbeingheldhostage said...

People still iron?? I guess I knew that. Do you know how many hours you'd save for gardening, dancing, reading etc.. if you just joined a nudist camp? Just a thought.

Dead lizards...just ewww.

Mental P Mama said...

Yikes. Get some rest. I got all sweaty just reading this post;)

Snooty Primadona said...

hotdog & asthmagirl: If it's not dead critters then it's hairballs that look like turdlets. Yich!

Daryl: Don't tempt me girl! I swear if I ever have another cat, it will be an inside cat. Did you get your cats declawed? Sitting here looking at two chairs Trouble has ripped to shreds, I do wish that I had.

scargo: LOL! Since she doesn't really eat them, you could be right. Maybe she's just been lonely & wanted someone to play with.

ibhh: LOL! That cracked me up. You certainly have a point. However, someone who can't even undress in front of her hubby has no place in a nudist camp.

MP: Yes, I need rest and after this year, I swear I'm done with this shit. It's time to be treated like the primadona I truly am. I need servants. Lots of servants, lol.

Anonymous said...

Ironing? HA...I do it as I get dressed. I'm lazy like that.

Freaking lizards....we get them in here all the time. They scare the living crap outta me.

Mamahut said...

I have 5 of the little murderers in and out of my house. I had to take a sawzall to the underneath of my bathroom counter to get a bloated mouse out. EW EWWW EWWW

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW I miss Trouble!!!!! And you :)

Snooty Primadona said...

Thank you daughter. I think Trouble misses you too. I have to keep your bedroom door closed so she can't get in there & *hair* everywhere.

That Janie Girl said...

Your yard looks lovely! I'm proud of you for ironing, girlfriend.

i.thought.that's.why.God.made.the.cleaners.

Puleeeeese don't tell MLH you iron. I will be dead meat.

Heehee!

Snooty Primadona said...

Relax Janie. Would I do that to another woman? Noooo... Hubby sends all his to the cleaners I only iron my clothes because the cleaners is so hard on everything & then seldom does the piece right. I also love linen & linen blends. I suppose that equals self-inflicted ironing. We used to have the best housekeeper ever. She'd stay until all was ironed & put away. Unfortunately, it took me 10 years to find out that she'd been stealing from us all along. :-O

brneyedgal967 said...

My garden went to hell in a hand basket. Apparently they like sun and that is something we are in short supply of over here in fuckin' shady acres. Grrrr. I think we need to lose a few dozen trees.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs