Friday, November 7, 2008

Building Implosion Scheduled This Weekend... We're Going!

I live in a small West Texas city of approximately 110,000 that is currently undergoing a makeover of the downtown area. The particular building that is to be imploded tomorrow is over 50 years old and has been empty for more than a decade.


Since Mr. Snooty nor I have ever witnessed a live implosion, we are going downtown tomorrow at the crack of dawn to watch it. We have been advised to wear warm clothing (a no brainer), goggles, and surgical masks. We had originally planned to watch from Mr. Snooty's office, but the building is going to be *blanketed* and closed to everyone. However, down the street from his office, the hotel downtown is opening their upper floor balcony for people to have Bloody Marys while watching, so that's our gameplan! Several other couples we know plan to join us, so I think it's going to be great fun.

Anyway, I plan to take my camera, so you will be able to see at least some of it. Also, since we will all undoubtedly look pretty crazy with our ski goggles and surgeon's masks on, I promise to get pictures of us as well. Hey, this is a big happening here in our town.

When I was young and in grade school here, my mother (The Brown Recluse) used to work in that building. Mr. Snooty even worked in the same building when we were dating. So, we do have a connection with it that goes way back. It has, however, been such an eyesore for the last 10 years or so, we are glad to see it finally going away.


This is our skyline, which will be short one tall building as of tomorrow.

5 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

Glad you're taking pics, we're gonna need proof that you were, indeed, up at the buttcrack of dawn. LOL

abb said...

Better get some good pics - can't wait! I'm jealous. I've never been to an implosion and I'm guessing it's a pretty impressive thing.

Holy Crappers said...

I've never been to an implosion. There have been a few here. They always televise them and then I think "Balls, I should of went"
Does your camera have a video on it? That would be cool!

Your, friend the big hair , fat ass, #1

Staci said...

I want to see an after picture of the skyline!

Anonymous said...

We don't have a skyline here. When we go to Philly to visit #1....Little Big F is in awe of the buildings.......its great to watch him.


peace
#2

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs