Thursday, February 19, 2009

Are You In Need Of A Thorough Cleansing By Laughter?

Remember when I posted about SD's exciting new job, then the ass hole jerk fired her after one day because he said he'd train her and then didn't? Remember that? My precious daughter was so upset & raw from the experience as well as furious with me for spilling the beans, that she didn't call for days. So, naturally, I chose to wait for a while before I did the Big Reveal. She has given me the go-ahead and now that I have permission to discuss the job she did get, I'm at long last able to tell you about it. Of course, I can't tell you exactly who it is, for obvious security reasons. I have to protect my girl at all costs. It's bad enough that she's in the big bad city of Los Angeles, for which I take the Scarlett O'Hara attitude in handling. Then, tomorrow never comes because I don't want to start thinking about it. Yeah. Don't get me started. Seriously.



Anyhoo, she actually ended up getting the first Dream Job she had applied for, with another Hollywood producer. They never called her back because they couldn't believe she'd want to work for such a low salary. Uh-Huh. That was my *knee-jerk* reaction. After spending all that money on four years at The University of Texas, we wouldn't want her to make too much at a real job, now would we? Good thing she has us or she wouldn't be able to go to all the high-end nightspots with her highly salaried friends who drive Mercedes and BMW's while she drives a beat-up Lexus. Poor little darling. If I could, I'd give her the world and spoil her rotten. But, then again, maybe not.



Wait a minute. I need to re-focus because I'm getting off-track here. The Job. This is supposed to be about The Job. So, when they were made aware that she wanted to work for *bumpkus*, they all immediately fell in love with her. Who wouldn't? Some college educated girl wants to work for almost nothing? Well, they hit the jackpot for sure. They all love her and she loves all of them. I can't tell you how thrilled I am. Really. I am! I'm the one who filled her head with visions of grandeur in the first place. What the Hell was I thinking?



So, today she sends me this video in an email and it's about Hollyweird Hollywood A.S.S.T. (Assistants... that would be her title too!). I laughed so hard I'm sure there had to be (ahem!) leakage. I giggled and snorted for so long that Mr. Snoots finally came in to see what was so damn funny. All I could muster was a finger pointed at the computer screen, still laughing hysterically. I'm not sure exactly why I laughed so hard but I'm pretty sure it was because it's funny as shit. This is your secret, exclusive glimpse into the glamorous life of being a Hollywood Assistant. (Hint: The one carrying the coffee The one with the headset is playing the part of our Little Princess, Snooty Daughter.)



Fine. I can't get the damned thing to work in this blog post so I'm putting it on the side bar, at the top. Click on the guy with the big mouth. Go ahead. You know you want to... yes, you do! Enjoy!

23 comments:

Keeper Of All Things said...

LOL.....looks like those guys have to much time on their hands.

I thought by the name of your post title you had posted that picture of me.....

My friends are still calling and laughing uncontrollably!!!!

Snooty Primadona said...

I thought that picture was adorable. It WAS the 80's...

Alpacamountain said...

Crap that was funny. It even got my sick 11 year old up off the couch. Tell Little Snoots when she gets up high enough that she needs an ASSIST...I'm available!

Treasia Stepp said...

I am so happy for Little Snooty. Good for her. I know you're a proud Mamma. Video was just to cute.

Unknown said...

That was halarious! I was laughing and pointing at the computer at work...they told me to get back to work!!!

I am really proud of her too...she has to start some where.

Anonymous said...

Give me some credit, I'm the one with the headset! I'm way more important than the coffee carrier, they work for free!

Heather Kerrigan said...

I SO needed that laugh today! I'm sure SD will have a brilliant career. My brother made his way in LALA land--from the bottom up. I'm sure SD is far more talented then he is! ;o) My mom is going to love this! Oops, hope she doesn't read the comment about said brother.

Snooty Primadona said...

My apologies Dearest Daughter. So, does this mean the boss throws stuff at you? Since you're not going for coffee?

Daryl said...

Having once also worked at a 'glamor' job - that's what they are called and that's why they pay so little - I can tell you that she'll get perks like going to screenings and hobnobbing with celebs ... in addition to working her butt off .. but if she's lucky/smart (which we know she is) she'll get promoted and end up being a producer or agent ... at her age this is the perfect job ... as soon as she's got you and Mr S to help with the rent.

Patricia Hannigan said...

I'm sure Little Snooty is having so much fun. I was an glorified ASST in NYC when I finished College. I had a so much fun..and we didn't even have the sunshine.

Oh yes, I met Mr. GolfGirl through that job too. Fringe benifit. :o)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm that one, haha

Snooty Primadona said...

SD, you better not meet someone & fall in love out there or I'll never forgive you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I think I need an A-S-S-T!
Especially one that can sing and carry coffee stacked three high!

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

That was great. Good for SD, things seem to be looking better:)

Shawn said...

That was so funny. You are going to have to learn how to do the song and the A S S T arm movements ya know...serenade here whenever she comes home Snooty!

Connie said...

So Frikin' funny! I've gotta come back when I have time to read up on SD ~ love her! Well, not as much as you ... well errrr ... you know what I mean!

Mariah said...

Tears of laughter.. Ohmy, thank you

abb said...

You're a good mama!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for her, so glad she got her job!

That video is hilarious.

Roan said...

I'm even farther in the frigid north this weekend, babysitting 4 rambunctous grands...I needed a good laugh. Which I had courtesy of this video and a nice tall glass of Long Island ice tea!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I DO remember that awful boss, I am so glad she's where she can be happy!

I could only get bits of the video (slloooow internet), sorry :-(

Anonymous said...

Finally found some time to watch the vid! Hilarious! "I never leave my desk so I always gotta pee!" hahaha!

brneyedgal967 said...

I watched this video the first day you posted it, didn't comment... but OMG, I laughed my ass off. That has got to be completely, absolutely true. I can't imagine a worse job than being a Hollywood A.S.S.T., myself... but then I'm not much of an ass-kisser.

How long do you think Snooty Daughter will be able to stand it before she tells someone how many different ways they can go fuck themselves?

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs