Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm So Excited About Getting Started... I Just Love Christmas!


Christmas is truly my favorite holiday. I love the decorations, the music, buying gifts. I honestly love everything about Christmas.



So yesterday, when I was at the market (yet again) my eyes fell on these two adorable rosemary plants and I knew immediately that I wanted them for the front entrance.



Although they are plain right now, I plan to add little white lights and big red plaid bows, in addition to the other lights on a garland that will grace the front door.



I also have this wonderful 1950's trio of choir boys. We inherited these from my in-laws when they passed away, so they are very special to me. They were made by the Artistic Latex Form Company, New York.



The one in the middle even has a music box inside and it plays Jingle Bells. They are so sweet and they live in a closet for all but 1 month out of each year. Somehow, putting them out on the front porch every year makes me feel as if the in-laws are here. I still really miss them, but these choir boys temporarily make me feel as if they are still with us. I know they are old and outdated vintage but I love them.



I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I do...

5 comments:

abb said...

Like Christmas - LOVE Thanksgiving and Easter.

And I adore your choir boys!

Mental P Mama said...

I bet that rosemary smells heavenly, too. Love those choirboys. And I am not going back to the market for three weeks. No sir. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Moms Musings said...

Those choirboys are so cute. I just love Christmas too and can't wait until I put my trees and all the decorations out.

Pam said...

I love the rosemary plants and the choir boys. I am excited that one of my sons is going to go up to the attic for me and bring down my Christmas things this weekend. I didn't put up a thing last year, but found that being Scrooge just wasn't my thing! Plus, I have a new baby to take pictures of in front of the tree! Happy Thanksgiving, Snooty.

Tammy said...

I love those choir boys! I have some pieces that were my grandparents and I feel like they are still around when I put them out at Christmas too!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs