Friday, January 29, 2010

Snowed In On Vacation? What More Could I Possibly Ask For?

We were scheduled to leave for home today but something wonderful happened. It snowed more than a foot here in Ruidoso, New Mexico (within about 36 hours) which means there have been road closings and weather alerts all over the place. If you click on the link above you can see what it looks like here today on the Ruidoso Web Cam. It's like being in a fairytale.

By the way, I am in the old stomping grounds of my friend Jeri, who writes In The Gutter and is currently living in England. So Jeri, just wanted to let you know everything is right here in the world of Ruidoso. Wish you were here...

Although I would have once upon a time jumped in the 4 Runner and gone in spite of the warnings, I know I'm no longer bullet proof, so we chose to stay another night. Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeee! I also got to ski another day and the fresh snow was as light and powdery as it gets.

Everything is covered in snow and looks like a perfect Winter Wonderland. However, no more storms are in the forecast, so we'll be going home tomorrow. *sniff, sniff*

Still, an extra day here has been like a little slice of Heaven....

I have lots of pictures to show you but meanwhile, check THIS and THIS out!

10 comments:

I Am Woody said...

Nooo, don't go. Stay just one more day!!

Suburban Princess said...

Enjoy your extended vaycay!

Treasia Stepp said...

It looks beautiful. I think you need to stay and rest up. Maybe wait till it melts!

It is still snowing here and will be (according to weather boy) all night long.

Staci said...

I think you could ski in Okie City if you were here right now!

So glad you're having a great time!

Sjn said...

So happy for you! Glad you could get away and even more glad you had a fabulous time!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Have fun!

Hugs!!

Diane said...

Wow! Very pretty! So glad you've had a wonderful time on vacation. Drive safe!

Tammy said...

Yay, yay for an extended stay! Gorgeous place, I can't wait to see your pictures.

noble pig said...

How wonderful, I love it when it snows here.

imbeingheldhostage said...

I am soooo stinking jealous!!! It feels better to know that you're thinking of me though :-) Have a really great time!!


Hey, my sonny is down in Alamogordo!!
Wave in his general direction for me, ok?

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs