Thursday, July 8, 2010

My New Photographic Subjects Aren't Very Cooperative....

While swimming at my friends house, I kept hearing this baby bird chirping for food and after a bit of investigating I located the little bird house with a single hole and a single baby sparrow. With an extreme amount of patience (not sure where that came from) I was finally able to get a few shots of this family of three. 


They were all quite leery of my presence but after a while they finally gave up and went about the business of feeding their baby bird.  Every time I would go back into the pool to swim, they would become more active, so I took a lot of breaks to get these pictures. I hope you enjoy them....


You can click on the pictures to see a close up of the little sparrow family.


Here's wishing everyone a great weekend!

8 comments:

scargosun said...

Squee! Baby birdie! Great pics~

I Am Woody said...

How sweet!! Love that last shot:)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Seriously, where did you get that patience? I'll take some please. This was very tweet. Sorry, couldn't resist :-)
We have a new family that just hatched in the last day or so-- I'm dying to get my camera out there, but I don't want to freak the momma out. Supposedly the having the bird nesting in our carport is a rare treat (I was told that when I complained of all the poo being left on my car).

Suburban Princess said...

Adorable! Well done getting the money shot!

Heather Kerrigan said...

Note to all readers: CLICK ON THE PHOTOS! These are really cool and you can see them so much better blown up.

Way to go Snooty. Do you have this much success with birdies on the course?

Sjn said...

Good patience, love the open mouth!
I'm thinking like Heather... my favorite birdies are on the golf course ;-)

Snooty Primadona said...

I'd love having more birdies on the golf course if it would just STOP RAINING! Right now it looks like I won't have another chance to play golf until Sunday...

Right now, I'm constantly watching the local radar to see when I can go over & swim...

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs