Friday, May 27, 2011

Things In Snootyville Are Really Looking Up..... Aside From No Rain

 I just finished making my new kitchen window treatments as well as re-covering the chair seats at the kitchen table. It took me forever to decide what style I wanted to go with and ultimately decided on a faux Roman shade with ties. I didn't have enough of the flowered fabric for the windows so I found some material with a subtle plaid that went perfectly with the flowered material, adding an extra piece of the flowered to kind of tie it all together. Frankly, I really am crazy about the results. I can't believe they look so great and I DID THEM WITH WITH ONLY A GLUE GUN & A STAPLE GUN. Yay me! Tell me what you think...
 









When our best friends bought their new house, they replaced all of the brand new ceiling fans and replaced them with some incredibly beautiful (modern retro) fans. When they said they were going to throw away the others is when I asked if we could have them and they were thrilled to not be throwing them in the trash. Today, the electrician came to install the 3 fans and I'm so thrilled with them I could almost cry. All 3 fans are Hunters which are the best, in my opinion. Now, after 25 years, we have new fans that look absolutely splendid and they only cost us the price we paid the electrician. How sweet is that?
 


On another note, we still haven't had ANY rain and it's 106 degrees as I write this. When I went out to water the plants today (which is becoming a daily requirement), I thought I was going to faint. This heat is miserable and it isn't even officially summer yet. Can we please have a collective "Ugh!"? I can't help but wonder when nature is going to take pity on us and shed some rain on our parched land. I'm just thankful that we have a water well or we'd be knee deep in doo-doo.....

8 comments:

Bodacious Boomer said...

Your window treatment looks great. For years I did the kids Halloween costumes with nothing but stitch witch and a glue gun.

It was 95 here today. My yard looks like the Joad's in the Grapes of Wrath. Nothing but dust and dirt; and with 6 dogs and no rain, I'm not looking for it to change anytime soon.

Hope everything else is good with you and Mr. Snoots.

Flea said...

WOW. To the window treatments AND the heat. Here we are wondering if summer will ever arrive (I know 106 is coming and am grateful for continued spring).

That Janie Girl said...

Puleaaaze come decorate my house! Those are amazing!!

Tammy said...

Wow!! Everything looks great! You are my kind of shade maker! I made shades at our other house with some iron on stuff. You gotta love the glue gun.

Those fans look amazing and I bet they add so much to the rooms where they were installed.

You can be sure to get a break from the heat when you come to Seattle, the weather will be much cooler! Seattle

Suburban Princess said...

Snoots! I finally got your blog to load! Yay! Your work looks great!

I had no idea Kirstie Alley is 60!??!?!!?!?!? Wha?!

Southgate said...

snoots, the no sew window treatments look amazing!! Good job! And big score on the fans! They make such a huge difference.

imbeingheldhostage said...

A crazy weather year, that's for sure. We're not getting a lot of rain here either (it's not 106 though!) :-(
We've lost five trees total in two years between this drought and the hard freezes during the winter. I'm watching well established hedges, bushes and trees losing the fight. It's so depressing...


Yay on the free fans!

Kimberly said...

Midland is a dust bowl, it can't help it!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs