Monday, May 9, 2011

This Is Just Life's Way Of Telling Me It's Time To Move On....

Mr. Snoots called me from the office one morning last week to tell me that he thought he'd seen our baby girl fox laying dead in the next door neighbor's yard. I rushed to throw on some clothes and went to look. The fox was no longer there. We've seen no evidence of her since, so when I asked the neighbor, he said he called Animal Control and they disposed of her.


I'm just guessing that she was hit by a car and crawled up to the yard with her last breath. We experienced that with our daughter's favorite cat once. When I found her, I thought she was asleep, but alas, she was gone to Kitty Kat Heaven. Delivering the news to SD was even worse than finding the poor dear, dead under a bush next door. You'll think I'm crazy but I even tried to resuscitate her while following directions from my vet. Of course, I couldn't possibly have tried to help a feral fox, but this development has just crushed my heart. The thought of having no fox pups and no fox, is simply something I've never lent any thought to.


So, it looks like I'm going to have to concentrate on getting this house ready to sell instead of obsessing over fox pups... or even just a fox. Perhaps the house will sell faster without in-residence foxes running all about and wreaking havoc. Ya think?  We wouldn't want people to run away from our house screaming, right?



Some days I'm so overwhelmed with what all I need to do around here, I'll look to any distraction to keep me from doing anything constructive. However, I can't do much inside until it's been purged, then painted. There's no point in doing a *staging* until that's done. Frankly, the same goes for the outside. Other than cleaning off the dirt on a daily basis, I can't do much yet, until the painting is done. I know how painters are, so I'm not doing anything until they remove their messy selves from the property. It's almost a Catch-22, really. I'm pretty sure I might need Divine Intervention here.




Now, I'm quite certain that it wouldn't be a good thing to have foxes here while we try to sell this place, so perhaps this has all worked out for the best. Still, I'll never, ever forget the fun I've had with the foxes over the years and the sheer joy of seeing them raise their little families. It really has been an interesting ride but life is telling me that it's time to move on.....

7 comments:

abb said...

I'm so sorry...

Leave a Legacy said...

Oh Snoots, I'm so sorry.
I just hate to see any animal, no matter what it is, suffering or in pain. I would have cried, too.
Now I know I get behind, but I must have missed why you are selling your house?
Where are you going and why?

I Am Woody said...

Awww...I am so sorry. She will be missed!

Mental P Mama said...

Ohhhh. That makes me so sad. Now get to work! That snappy townhouse awaits!

Bodacious Boomer said...

I'm truly sorry about Felecia. Why would anyone think you were silly trying to help her? Over the years I've rescued many feral animals- birds, squirrels, ducks, rabbits and turtles.

How can you not?

BTW- Where are you moving? Somewhere more rainy perhaps?

Tammy said...

Such sad news... I will miss stories of the new baby.

Beth Dunn said...

I thought I commented on this. I totally disagree--never ever give up! lol
xoxo
sc

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs