Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Houston, We Have A Problem.... This Might Have Something To Do With Aging, Or Not

Since I weaseled out of my former appointment to start my tooth implants, I will be going in for it this very morning, as a result of abscesses that have persistently plagued me. Yes, I'm a little scared but that's probably because I watch far too much "Dr. G Medical Examiner". Frankly, these pictures have me paralyzed with fear. Yup, I'm strong like that.





Today is also the day that the new  bed for the guestroom (ultimately to be SD's bed when we move) arrives as well. Since I went ahead and bought the queen sleigh bed & mattress (assuming I could just switch out mattresses between a queen and a full bed then switch them back upon moving), therein lies the problem. Hmmmm. Apparently, I didn't thoroughly think this through. What a surprise! Does this give you any idea of what a novice I am? This might be a Houdini act if I do indeed accomplish everything anything on my list today, aside from my dental surgery.



Honestly, I'm now laughing at that statement. I'm going to be heavily drugged this morning @ 9:30 AM while an oral surgeon works to rebuild the bone that will accommodate the 1st & 2nd ouch tooth implants. Color me happy. Now I'm thinking I should have gone with a bridge but, Ooops, too late!



The bed is supposed to be delivered between 4:00 and 7:00 PM and I need to go out & buy a converter kit to be able to switch beds. I am driving myself insane (seriously not joking). I swore to Mr. Snoots that I would absolutely make all this work out right, like I'm some freaking DIY-er on HGTV. I'm not! I'm a *fly by the seat of her pants* kind of gal & I'm so frustrated now that I don't know what to do. I'm also out of time. You can only spread yourself so thin. At this point I'm like chocolate shavings.



At least our painter got the walls painted today & will finish the molding in the morning. I'm so smitten with the color of the walls that I now want to use it all over the house, but will do what I can to restrain myself. Everything. In. Moderation. Right?




I thought SD's room was all cleared out until I had to ready the room for the painter. Its contents are all now in her brother's old room & bathroom. Hope this gives you a good laugh.



Say a little prayer for me & my dental surgery, please?

7 comments:

Roan said...

Oh my, bro's room is pretty full. I hope he doesn't come for a surprise visit. Good luck at the dentist, sending a prayer that all works out well. Love the wall color!

I Am Woody said...

Prayers, my friend! Remind me to tell you about how I got stuck straddled across the back of the front seat of the car when I had oral surgery....

I Am Woody said...

And I seriously love that wall color as well! Did you switch from the original or just roll with it? Whatever you did, it looks fabulous.

I Am Woody said...

And I would have gone on all my life thinking that you would just be able to switch the mattresses. I've never even heard of a conversion kit!!

Bodacious Boomer said...

Good luck with your procedures Mrs. Snoots. You're in my thoughts:)

Just no Vicodin with Limoncello pls.

Mental P Mama said...

You are so funny with that house! And I hope you are feeling okay this morning. Sending virtual vicodin!

Diane said...

Fresh from my root canal, I send you tooth buddy hugs! After nursing my little Ky through all her implant surgeries, I know how tough it can be. I also know how great it looks when you get it completed! Keep the end in mind my dear! Hugs!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs