Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hump Day Hmmmm....

I finally finished the wall in SD's old room the Guest Room but I'm just not satisfied. We're talking a major FAIL here. It just didn't turn out as I'd have liked for it to. As I looked at this wall I thought, "What have Chinese hats got to do with deer antlers?" Absolutely nothing. It just doesn't work, so it's back to the drawing board for me. Ugh. Any suggestions would be welcome at this point....


Today I'm going in to get my final crowns put on my teeth implants. Not sure how I feel about all this but it's upon me, like it or not.


Our best friend has been running for 238th District Court Judge and last night his campaign just graduated to a full blown run-off for the race, after eliminating the two lesser candidates during yesterday's Primary Election. We were at his home last night, watching the results come in as well as receiving the media for interviews and pictures. Mr. Snoots and I both thought that it would be a *Slam Dunk* for our friend, but it didn't work out that way. Game. On.


My new Skier's Edge is the most perfect machine ever. I spend all of my time either wanting to be on it, or on it. At first I thought it was too hard for me, but soon realized that I was just that far out of shape. Now, I'm totally rocking The Machine. I love it!


Snooty Daughter is in Austin for a summer internship with the General Land Office, a very coveted position among Texas law students. Then, she returns to Big D to work for a personal injury lawyer. Can we all say *Ka-Ching*? As much as I detest the TV commercials for them, I know they make lots of money. It will be a good placement for her last year of law school.


I started delivering *Meals On Wheels* a couple of months ago, for the Senior Citizens Center, and I'm loving it! The people on my route are so precious and I like to spend a few minutes visiting with them, when I make my deliveries. It's a very gratifying volunteer job, believe me.


Yesterday, I discovered that I have 4 round trip tickets on Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, but I don't know where I could go. Gotta love dilemmas like this, right? Perhaps I should just point my finger onto a map with my eyes closed, and just go to whatever place I land on. That could be fun. Maybe.


After moving back to Austin with his girlfriend, our son is considering opening a food truck at some point, which has me so excited. I would love to move down there so  I could help them, but I think they can make it on their own. Our son plans to take some business courses and is doing a lot of research before jumping in feet first, which sounds like a great plan to me. Time will tell...


So.... what's going on in your world?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Miss me? I don't think the room looks bad at all. I wonder if you moved the 3 objects closer together on the wall - like the frame with the antlers move it below the small hat and slightly left. I like the rolled paper. I love that wreath style. I have been thinking of doing one but I can't decide what kind of paper to use. If you want to make it pop more, maybe get something circular about 6 inches wider than the wreath and put it behind the wreath. It would fill more space and also give it some contrast. it could be black or the red that is with the antlers.

Mental P Mama said...

So much excitement! Hope the teeth are good! What an ordeal...and Meals on Wheels is such a gratifying outreach! Yay you! And yay Snooty Offspring!

Snooty Primadona said...

Hey Jen! How in the world have you been? So did you just totally quit blogging? I really have missed you! And, thanks for the suggestion. I think you might be right.

Anonymous said...

I hesitate to say 'I'm Back!' even though I am b/c I don't want to jinx it. ;P I have my own domain now so I am at scargosun.com now. Come visit!

Bodacious Boomer said...

Glad your time in a dentist chair is finally drawing to an end. You should have your son get with Brett. He's had his truck there for about 8 mos now.

Roan said...

Good luck Judge! But we have the best Judge ever here. It's funny because he was a year behind me in school, so I've known him all my life, kind of. I moved away for 33 years, so I'm really just getting to know him. I get to be his court clerk on Mondays.

I love the hats and love the white piece of wall art. How about exchanging it with the deer antlers? There are deer in China you know. ;)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs