Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gearing Up For Fall.... Duck Tape Pumpkins

I've spent the last week running all over town in order to locate fake pumpkins, real pumpkins and even the plastic $1.00 jack-o-lanterns the kids carry for Trick-Or-Treating.





After spending something like $30.00 on gas alone, I think I'm almost done. Since you can't just call a store to ask if they have something anymore, this was a necessary evil. I miss the days when you could call a local store and actually talk to a real person to answer your questions. Oh well. Progress, right?




I had seen a tutorial at Confessions of a Plate Addict for using fabric and Mod-Podge when I was hit with the idea of just using some of the new Duck Tape patterns that are available. Hello. Finally, an original thought.




I bought two rolls of the Zebra print and one roll of the houndstooth print. One roll was enough to cover two of the Jack-O-Lanterns I was turning into planters, and two rolls was enough to cover two planters and one fake pumpkin, with some to spare.





The cost? Less than $8.00. Well, plus gas money. I don't feel that there is a huge need for pictures since this project is pretty much a self explanatory*no-brainer*.




 However, I had to locate mums that were in either 4" or 2" pots in order to accommodate my new planters.




Since the pots still weren't tall enough, I added a brick to each pot, which is actually a good idea for when we have those awful 60 mph winds we're so famous for in West Texas. Right? Anchors.






I love the way they look, mixed in with the other decorations for fall. As we near Halloween, I'll slowly be adding other decorations I've acquired over the years. It looks to be a great Halloween!



How is your fall decorating looking?




I'm partying here:


TDC Before and After



alt="Blogfest" width=160  src="http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj522/FreshEggsDaily/blogfest_zpse0dbf3ea.jpg"
/>




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




 Domestically Speaking
Fall Party

3 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

LOL...I was all, why is she so determined for pumpkins? They look cute. I do not decorate for fall. I do switch from vodka to scotch or bourbon. Does that count?

Lisa/Fresh Eggs Daily Farm Girl said...

I love this ! I hope I can persuade you to come share on my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/09/farm-girl-friday-blog-fest-2.html

Sjn said...

love Mental P Mama's comment, yes, I agree vodka is more for summer.

I love what you did here w/ the tape! A great dress up for the pumpkins, and in b&w it's the perfect contrast for Halloween!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs