Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh yeah, this is Monday alright. All day long...

I had every intention of getting my derriere out of bed early this morning, so that I could get in a full day of doing all the little things around here that I've been neglecting since I discovered blogging. Yes, I'm having so much fun blogging that I'm really ignoring all of the other aspects of my life, except food and personal hygiene and feeding the cat. I see that I am totally becoming a computing/blogging slut puppy and I'm going to do something about this new development soon. Very soon. I am actually expecting this new phase in my life to lose its shiny-new feel at some point in the near future. Kind of like buying a new CD and listenening to it over & over so that you can be equally as tired of the new music as you are of the older music. Then, everything rather magically achieves common ground and life returns to normal. Okay, this is my plan, alright?

I've also been tagged (again!) by Tammy @ The Color of Home. Since it is different than the others, I will go ahead and do it in spite of the fact I'm growing tired of memes, lol.

How long have you been together?

We have been married 30 years and 6 months. Bewildering but true.


How long did you date?

We dated approximately a year, but we had known each other all through grade school. That fact was important because I remembered him & he had no recollection of me, lol.


How old is he?

He and I are the same age... 55. Only he's 3 months older than I. The old fart.


Who said "I love you" first?

I have no qualms whatsoever that it was me. Once he said he loved me, he of course, thought he'd never have to say it again. I straightened him right out on that issue.


Who is taller?

He is. I'm 5'4" and he's 6' (and shrinking)


Who is smarter?

No ambiguity here. Book/politics/worldly matters smart: Hubby
Common sense/people/artistic smart: Me


Who does the laundry?

The majority of the time I do it. Nonetheless, when I get slovenly about the laundry, he does a load of his things only. He's not allowed to ever do mine. I'm sure you can figure out why that rule is in place.


Who does the dishes?

Since the kids have been gone, the hubby has assumed the duty of doing the dishes most of the time. Although, I am known to occasionally soil my manicure.


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?

He sleeps on the left side of his bed and I sleep on the left side of my bed, lol. You do the math.


Who pays the bills?

I paid them for the first 15 years, then he took over. I had my hands full enough with 2 midgets.


Who mows the lawn?

The lawn service. Hubby used to mow it but he only did it when he felt like it and I wanted it done on the same day every week. He also never edged the lawn (I used to go out & do the worst parts with kitchen shears). So, we have a great lawn guy now who mows, edges, and uses the blower to clear off the property (so it can blow back later the same day). He comes every Thursday. Without fail. It just kills the hubby that he has to pay $35 per week to have the yard done. It's good exercise for his stingy bone.


Who cooks dinner?

When the kids were growing up, it was always me. Even the grilling. Since the kids have been gone, the hubby is beginning to love cooking, so I welcome this new denouement. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the time I went on a cooking strike for a month.


Who is more stubborn?

We're both stubborn but he is way more stubborn than I. Uh-huh! Uh-huh!


Who kissed who first?

We pretty much went at one another simultaneously, with great vigor.


Who asked who out?

He asked me out. In my day, nice girls didn't ask guys out. Unless he was a complete Neanderthal, in which case desperate measures were generally accepted & approved of.

Okay whatever. I asked him out which I guess, makes me a slut. But I'm a married-30-years-to-the-father-of-my-children slut, lol. I should definitely get more snaps for that.


Who proposed?

He did. It was right after we had just completed an especially rigorous round of *Feet Fights* on the sofa at his apartment. We never do have feet fights anymore. I miss those. But, I'd probably just get hurt anyway, lol.


Who is more sensitive?

No question here. That would be me. In every way. Although... he does bring me my favorite flowers after we have a squabble and always gets me what I want for anniversary, birthday & Christmas. It took 20 years for him to reach this point, but now he's much more thoughtful than he was in our early years of marriage. Plainly, the poor dear creatures have to be trained most of the time.


Quite honestly, I don't think I have anyone left that will do another meme. I've already tagged everyone once and some seemed a bit peeved about it while others didn't even do it, so I'm just going to let this ride. Sorry Tammy. HOWEVER, if you want to play along please do so & be sure to let me know so that I can add a link to your blog, for playing.

10 comments:

Mamahut said...

Blogging slut puppy! Thats what I have become. I knew there had to be a name for it! Did you build your blog? I love it who ever did it.

Snooty Primadona said...

Thank you! I just did it with a blogspot template. I'm not savvy enough to do my own, lol.

kellypea said...

Hahahaha...Memes are like that with having no one left to tag. I get it! As far as all else is concerned, good luck with the whole getting tired of the shiny new feel of blogging. I've got a year under my belt now with two and am just frustrated that I can't do more. And w00t! that you're in my neck of the woods age wise. There seems to be a lack of fifty-somethings around which is annoying. I'll be 52 this year, so party on, right?

That Janie Girl said...

Love that meme.

I apologize for not having done the last meme you tagged me - but...I've been a busy girl.

So, now, along with "user friend" who wants you to cook that coffee tenderloin, you can tag me "busy friend" or "lazy friend"...

Oh, yeah, that's right...we haven't met yet!

I've got to stay in town so we can do that soon!!!

Then I'll be an "I'll pay for Starbucks if you'll come meet me there!" friend! Or, "Garlic Press kind of friend, I'll pay there, too!"

Anyway, look forward to meeting you, Snooty!

Mental P Mama said...

Great job! On everything...30+years is quite the coup these days. And I hope you don't get tired of blogging any time soon.:)

Katie Ryan said...

I can't stay away from the blogs either. It helps to know I'm not the only one.

Snooty Primadona said...

Actually, Janie, you're excused because I know now that you were gone, lol.

It's more than likely the same thing that with the others.

So fine, I won't give up blogging, but everything really is suffering. I just keep blowing everything off and saying I'll do it later. Uh-Huh.

Anonymous said...

Someone mowed the lawn for a solid 7 years...

Snooty Primadona said...

Yes, daughter, you did. And you did a splendid job. But your father never paid you more than $20.00, did he? Imagine how he feels about paying $35.00, lol. Also, you never edged either... But, you were the most attractive lawn person we've ever had.

;-)

imbeingheldhostage said...

I am stunned that this you are receiving an award like this for the first time-- really, stunned. The Hubby is telling me non-mac instructions for you: Right click, save target as: (it will ask you where to save it), then you upload it to your blog the way you do a photo. If I were smarter, I'd make it a button, but only one of us in this house can be a computer nerd ;-)
Congrats!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs