Friday, August 12, 2011

After 324 Days Of Drought, We Got A Pounding Rain!!!

Yes, it's TRUE! After 324 straight days of no rain, we finally got dumped on last night. All I could do was race around taking pictures of the rain, laughing hysterically and bawling my eyes out, for joy. 


I'm not sure if the rain came back from Seattle with me or if it was the passing of Mr. Snooty's closest living Aunt. Perhaps it was a little of both. It's been a rough week with all the family in town for the funeral, attending the viewing, making tons of finger sandwiches, the graveside service, the church service, and the loss of a lovely family member we will sorely miss.


Hopefully, I can get back into blogging when the dust finally settles. It's been a very long week.


......

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I've never been so happy to hear about rain falling! You all deserve it after 324 rain free days! Not as happy to hear about the beloved Aunt dying though. My thoughts and prayer are with your family.

Roan said...

I agree! I enjoyed listening to your rain. I saw the title of your blog and immediately tried to pull it up to comment, but my work computer rejected the idea. Silly thing! Anyway, I'm really happy for you. Hopefully it won't be another 324 days to the next rain.

Mental P Mama said...

So happy! The Universe is magical at times...

I Am Woody said...

I am so sorry for your loss but am SOOOOO excited about the rain!

Moms Musings said...

Sorry about your aunt. Glad about the rain, hope you don't have to wait so long for more.

Mental P Mama said...

So sorry for your loss...but happy she sent the rain.....

Bodacious Boomer said...

You had a storm????

I'm so happy/jealous I could just scream. Just say the forecast here. No rain and every day over 100 for the next week. I heard one report that said Houston may not get rain til OCTOBER!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs