Saturday, May 31, 2008

We're Going To A Party... Dah Dah Dah Dah Bom Bom Bom... We're Gonna Have A Good Time.....

Okay, so now that The Alien has *officially* moved his family in to their new humble abode, the majority of the workmen & trucks have disappeared. Today there were trucks delivering all the tables & chairs for the party, but that's to be expected. I've also seen a few decorators cars over there, obviously making last minute adjustments and whatnot. That too, is to be expected.


However, there was one thing I did not expect to see. Something that stopped me dead in my tracks. A Car. A Car I am now in love with. Totally. Go Ahead. Click on the picture. You know you want to. It's worth the peek, no doubt.



He has, among his growing fleet of restored vintage cars, an absolutely perfectly restored specimen of the 1940 Cadillac Convertible, in Candy Apple Red. I've been mooning & swooning over it since I first saw it 5 days ago. I am totally 100% smitten with this car. I told Mr. Snooty to not leave me alone with The Alien under any circumstances, otherwise, I might forget myself & offer to trade him our house for that car. I felt as if I'd been struck by a Thunderbolt the moment I laid eyes on that car. I'm not sure I'll ever be the same person again... without that big ole boat of a car. I was born to drive that car..... But, probably not.

Oh... So, anyway, tonight they were setting up for the party and I was able to catch a quick picture, although it was almost dark outside. They had someone string white lights around all the tree trunks, which looks very festive indeed. Good. We'll need those to keep us warm in the predicted 102 degrees heat tomorrow.


I have the batteries charged for both of my digital cameras, and I'm loaded for bear Alien, so to speak. I promise to be as intrusive as I possibly can without actually stepping on anyone's toes or making enemies of our new neighbors. I'm certain that at some point during the evening, I will accidentally cut my finger on something... like on a table or chair, in order to gain access to some excellent photo opportunities. I know. As I've said before, I'm a shameless blogging nut. How else am I going to be able to show you some clicks of the inside of the compound? Helllooooooo. Do we want this or not? YES, we do. So, I must play the part of Miss Marple... or someone like that only perhaps a bit younger. You get the picture.


Keep your fingers & toes crossed that I can pull this off. Otherwise, I'm last week's lunchmeat. I can do this with your good will people. Okay, you know what? Even if I don't get the *perfect shots* I've been daydreaming about, I Am Going To Have Fun.

10 comments:

Pam said...

Well, I think that the car is pretty, but what about gas mileage these days? My Volvo is waaay newer and gets dreadful mileage because it is made like a tank...much like aforementioned Caddy! I'm just saying...Have fun, be semi-discreet, we are all waiting for the breaking news!

Treasia Stepp said...

So when do we start calling you Daisy? Loving the car myself.

Do hope you get some pictures tonight.

scargosun said...

The car IS heart-stopping. Have great time at the party. I cannot wait to hear about it. :)

Jo said...

That car is GORGEOUS. So, go over and steal, come and pick me up, we'll put the top down and do a Thelma and Louise - only we won't drive off the Grand Canyon. *heh*

What a beautiful car. Why don't they make cars like that anymore? Sixty years from now will anyone be doing a post about a beautiful SUV??? I don't think so.

Daryl said...

Lovely car .. and you were definitely born to drive it .. I see like Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief, with a scarf and sunglasses ... ahhhh

I cannot wait to hear about the par-tay .. all the dee-vine food and drinkies .. and the decor .. surely you will need to use the loo ... and get slightly lost so you can see how they've decorated ...

Nancy Drew .. we're counting on you!

:-Daryl

Snooty Primadona said...

Pam: OMG! Can you imagine what it would cost to fill that baby up?

treasia: Don't start calling me Daisy yet, lol!

scargo: I'm loaded & ready! I just charged my batteries AGAIN, just to be safe.

Josie: Oh, if I could I'd be there to pick you up in a red hot second! Wouldn't that car be a gas to cruise around in? Just call me Thelma...

Daryl: You hit the nail on the head. One of my all-time favorite movies! I even have the scarves that I inherited from my m-i-l. Long, silk chiffon scarves. The funny thing is I wrote Nancy Drew at first, then changed it to Miss Marple. My brain keeps forgetting that my body is aging, lol.

Donnetta said...

You would definitely look great in that cool car! Probably have to pick up a new outfit or two to match the seats. Go get 'em, Snooty! But be safe.
Donnetta

Anonymous said...

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

I am green with envy....oh yes I am.

Have a blast!

Peace
#2

Mamahut said...

Hey Thelma, when you get the car come to Colorado and at least give me a ride the the grocery store K!

brneyedgal967 said...

Okay, I do not want to go to hell in a handbasket. I do ot want to go to hell riding on the back of a Harley. I want to go to hell riding in that car with the top down.

With you of course.

That car is sahwweeeeet!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs