Thursday, January 15, 2009

News Flash! Mental Pause Mama Interviews Snooty...

I feel so honored to be interviewed by Mental Pause Mama, but I did actually beg and whimper ask for it. So, let's get to it, shall we?

1. Are you ready for grandchildren?

Hmmmm... Well, I think I'm ready for weddings but both kids probably need to find someone they love first. Currently, there is no one in sight. However, they are young. Our son is 25 and our daughter is 23. I'm just glad they were too smart to fall into something they weren't ready for too soon. When the time comes, I will worship and adore my grandchildren. If I'm still alive by then. Oh. That was a yes or no question, wasn't it? Then no.

2. Do you really like golf all that much?

Much is the case with most hackers, there are days I love it and I honestly think I may someday be able to actually call myself a golfer. Then, there are the days that I hate it and say I'm going to quit forever. Never pick up my clubs again. Even sell them..... But, a few days later I wake up to a gorgeous, clear day and all is forgotten as I head to the golf course for another round of 18. Being simple minded is helpful in forgetting the horrors of one's last game. So, it's basically a love/hate relationship I have with my game. And, I'm okay with the knowledge that I may never be more than an upper level hacker. I like being outdoors, involved in doing something physical.

3. What was your favorite vacation?

That's easy. It was the year we went to The Cayman Islands. We went with another couple and we did everything there was to do. We swam with the Sting Rays, snorkeled through the coral gardens, ate lobster cooked on the beach, visited the turtle farm, and the whole ball of wax. It was a heavenly trip and I've wanted to go back ever since. Actually, I fell so in love with Cayman that I was ready to stay and live in sin with the toothless captain of our fishing boat, and stay there forever. Fortunately, I was able to slap myself and get on the plane for home.

4. What advice do you have for me on coping with my soon-to-be empty nest?

Oh my! How much time do you have? Seriously, it is so busy the first year that you don't even have the time to miss them (especially if they go Greek). Besides, they call every day, making it impossible to miss them. The funny thing is that as busy as the first year is, the second year gets a little better, and they call a little less, and you both grow a little more accustomed to the separation anxiety. So, I guess I'm trying to say it's really a gradual process. Then you cry at their college graduation, and take way too many pictures, and before you know it they have a job and are out in the world on their own.

5. Do you have a specific fitness routine?

You bet I do. I get up from my computer chair and walk around for a few minutes once every hour. Sometimes I even do a load of laundry or clean out a closet. But seriously, I power walk with hand weights when the weather allows. I go to a local Xeriscape park with my ipod on, playing my favorite tunes. I tend to exercise more diligently when I do it on my own. I don't care for sweating and turning red in the face when I'm in an organized exercise situation. I've joined the gym and dropped out more times than I can even remember, and I've always done better on my own. Did I mention I like to sing along with my ipod? It keeps the old vocal pipes exercised as well. Luckily, everyone else out there has on their headphones too. I'm probably pretty loud. When it's too cold to go out I use my trusty little exerciser I keep under my desk.

I guess I'm just incapable of keeping things short. Go figure. So sue me.


Here are the directions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the
questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview
someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (I get to choose the questions.)

The first five askers get the interview!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im always afraid Ill be singing along with my iPod at the gym...

Mental P Mama said...

Well done! And what do you consider too cold???

Patricia Hannigan said...

You're spot-on when describing your relationship with golf. The "bad" side is often portrayed without mention of the awesomeness. And as you say, it's the awesomeness that keeps people coming back.

Hit 'em straight. (not that I often do)

brneyedgal967 said...

This should be fun.

Interview Me

I need to begin and stick with some kind of an exercise routine. I've done it before - at a gym and actually went 6 days a week. But I don't think I'd do that again. I hated it.

Running off with the toothless captain in Caymans - HAH - that made me laugh.

Ack - gotta go. Hubby dragging me off to Home Depot. I'm painting 2 more rooms.

brneyedgal967 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sassy said...

You are too funny...I enjoyed reading your interview with MPM...I have enjoyed looking at both of your blogs...they are wonderful.

Snooty Primadona said...

VV: Do people stare at you when you do that? I just put on blinders when they do...

MPM: When it gets under 50 degrees & the wind is blowing. But then, I can't take the heat either. Ugh! I'm getting so old.

Patricia: Yes, if nothing else, I am certainly realistic about my game. Some days I can't hit any decent tee shots and others I can't chip or putt. It's such a mental game. I think that's why I play so much better with the girls. We are usually talking the entire time, and giggling, and have nothing but praise for one another. It's different playing w/ hubby because he's always trying to *fix* my game, when he can't even fix his. We girls just let each other have fun. I don't do well w/ criticism in golf unless it's from the pro...

Tammy: You got it, girl. Give me a day or so to think up some evil, I mean good questions for you. ;-)

Hi Sassy. Thanks so much. It's nice to know. Especially since I've had a nasty troll trying to spread unhappiness all over me lately. Comments like yours tend to erase the ugliness of others.

Flea said...

I am so looking forward to an empty nest, but it'll be a long while, dang it.

Sounds like your life is full and that you're a fairly disciplined woman. Very admirable. :)

Anonymous said...

Interview me!

I loved your answers.

Anonymous said...

OK, here goes: Interview Me

I'm glad I'm back to reading your blog, it is always a hoot! ;)

Anonymous said...

My nest might never be empty... I wonder if anyone is ever ready for the grandma game?

Snooty Primadona said...

Okay, so we've got three. Any more takers? Oh, come on! I've never interviewed anyone before, so it's either going to be fun, or interesting, or maybe neither!

AG: My friends who have grandchildren are absolutely crazy about their's. They spend most of their time traveling around to see them all. However, their kids are about 5-10 years older than mine. So, I can wait. ;-)

Anonymous said...

you can interview me Snooty...Ill update my existing one.

Snooty Primadona said...

V-V: Are you pulling my leg (if so, quit it!) or are you being serious?

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Just wanted to stop by and say I love Snooty! It's been far too long since I've commented ~ or blogged ~ argh.

Anonymous said...

no im serious!

Mariah said...

Damn straight I want you to interview me. I'm afraid of empty nest- what the fuck am I going to talk/gripe about when they leave?

Snooty Primadona said...

Atta girl Mariah! That makes five!! Give me a couple of days to think of some worthy questions for your interview.

Far From Perfect said...

scary---interview me?

Clippy Mat said...

oh this sounds like fun. me too?
if the offer is still on the table.
:-)

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs