Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today It's Going To Be 80 Degrees Here ... And I Just Made Potato Soup

The Vinyl Villager has his Interview with me up today and it's a hoot, as always. Manic Mariah has her interview up as well... and she's always funny too. Check them out!


Yes, it's going to be up around 80 degrees here today. Please don't hate me. You could live here too! So, I'm going to be headed to the golf course here in about an hour, to play a round of 18 with the girls. I'm even going to wear a pair of capris, if I can find them. (Hey, it's been a while since it's been this warm.) I mean, yesterday the high was in the 50's and I made Potato Soup.







So, I shall leave you with this recipe for Potato Soup:


Ingredients:

3 cups diced potatoes
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped carrots (optional)
1 cup diced celery
5 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 cups milk
3 cups organic chicken broth
3 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper


Directions:

1. In a large pan, melt the butter and add the potatoes, carrots, and onions and sauté them for a couple of minutes. Add garlic and cook a moment longer.


2. Add the chicken broth (adjusting amount as you need it) and simmer over medium low fire until vegetables are tender.


3. Once potatoes are cooked, I mash the potatoes rather coarsely so there are still some chunks.



4. Last of all, add the parsley and the milk, then salt and pepper to taste.

BON APPETIT!

19 comments:

Alpacamountain said...

I am packing mine and Buddhas bags as I type this...no really, I can type and pack! I am seriously jealous. It has been really nice here for 2 days too. BUT! They are calling for snow for the next week...sniff...I don wanna.

Roan said...

80!!! You've seen the pics on my blog. Go ahead, rub it in. My friends in Dallas do! Actually, this soup looks yummy. It's a balmy 29 degrees, and the ground is still covered with our last snow. I may give this a try tonight. Thanks for sharing.

I Am Woody said...

Guess I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

God, I love 80 degrees.

Unknown said...

YUMMY!
And 'YES' I wish I lived in a Sunny, WARM State! Working on that!

abb said...

Yep, I'm jealous. And that soup looks delicious, but not so much on an 80 degree day! Enjoy your round.

Keeper Of All Things said...

Mmmmmmmmmm that looks soooo good and warm!!
It should be 80 here but I think that cold air followed me back from Indy

Mental P Mama said...

Well, it was a balmy 21 here today. And I am going out for some fish!

Travis Erwin said...

Hey, it's only 75 up here in the Panhandle today.

Unknown said...

That looks so yummy!!! I want soup now.

Marlene

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, think I'm going to try this.

Thanks

#1

Anonymous said...

Okay...first, did you send you Potato Ho Down to Christie at Fig & Cherry? The Ho Down's up and I don't see your entry? Let me know...also you should really send me this one for Feb's Ho Down since I'm hosting...you really should...really. I think it will make you famous.

Snooty Primadona said...

Cathy: I couldn't get Fig & Cherry's email thingy (technical term) to work. By then it was too late to send in. I thought. But, I am such a major Potato-Ho. I have many more recipes up my sleeve, lol. Potato-Ho's Unite! I should, by all rights, weigh 250 pounds the way I eat potatoes like there's no tomorrow...

brneyedgal967 said...

Mmmmm... I love me some tater soup. Anytime. Just got done eating homemade chicken and noodle soup and yeah, it was warm here too, but we were in a soup kinda mood.

Unknown said...

It is supposed to be close to 80 tomorrow here in the Dallas area. I wish we could just pick a temp and have it stay there for a week or so. This up and down daily change is killing me!

Heather Kerrigan said...

The only reason I will forgive you for playing golf in 80* weather is that I need a good potato soup recipe.

Would love to see photo of golf fun! Still six inches of snow here--this is the worst it's been since we moved here.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Potato Soup is one of my all-time favorite's, thanks for the recipe :)

Desiree Eaglin said...

i know! i was thrown all aback with this heat wave too. i was like "my kid has legs?!?" lol i'm sooo used to the pants!
LOL
i gotta try this potato soup, looks yummy!
:o)

Patricia Hannigan said...

I'm making that soup for tomorrow, it looks so good ...and easy.

I hate winter in CT!

Glennis said...

Looks good sounds great and easy, I shall remember it til its winter and I shall make some. We love hot soup for winters lunch, but its summer here just now.

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs