Monday, October 26, 2009

Can You Imagine The Possibilities For Injury And Pain? Maybe Even Nirvana?

Anyone who has been reading this blog for a while knows how obsessed I've been with trying to get close up camera shots of hummingbirds. Of course I could get one elsewhere, but I want to achieve a perfect picture on my own, wasting spending hours on end in that pursuit. I want pictures of my hummingbirds, right?


Mr. Snoots said he came dangerously close to buying me this particularly interesting item for my birthday, assuring me it didn't need an electrical outlet. (He's not allowed to buy me anything for any occasion that requires an outlet.) I only wish I were joking, but the ugly truth is that he seriously debated getting this for me. Are you ready? Are you sure? Uh-Huh. Okay, hold on to your panties, thongs and *what-evers*.



I present to you  the Wearable Eye To Eye Hummingbird Feeder:










Instead, he bought me this and I've been in sheer Heaven:





Still, I'm not sure I might not have preferred the contraption above.....

11 comments:

Moms Musings said...

That is something. I once spent a few hours trying to get a picture of a hummingbird at my cousin's house (instead of visiting with them). Every time I turned the camera on, he flew away. Lots of blurry shots.

I Am Woody said...

That thing is awesome!!!

Treasia Stepp said...

OMG I would love to have one of those. Like you I've tried to capture pics of our hummingbirds but it's always a blur instead. How cool it would be to get that close to one and actually get to watch it drinking that way.

Mental P Mama said...

I have seen that feeder! Too funny--and happy birthday month!

Daryl said...

Oh wow .. The Beatles .. in the digitaly enhanced version so cool!!!

Leave a Legacy said...

I also love hummingbirds. I did put up one of those feeders that suction to my kitchen window. I get close up views that way, but I don't think I'd get a very good picture. And why aren't you allowed near electrical outlets? I feel there's an interesting story there.

imom said...

I would love the get that Beatles set! And Happy Birthday (it must be close!)

Being up close and personal with a hummingbird would be amazing, not sure I'd want that contraption as a gift though, haha!

Snooty Primadona said...

Nina: One year he gave me a Presto Professional Salad Shooter for Christmas and I cried. The next year he gave me a new Kirby vacuum. I cried. After that my daughter started buying his gifts for me, and would just tell him how much the check was for. No wonder I'm so crazy about her.

I finally told hubby to not ever get me anything that needs an outlet unless I ask for it...

Daryl & imom: This set of the Beatles music is awesome and I've spent days getting it uploaded to itunes so I can put it all on my ipod. Sure. Call me crazy... because I am.

Patricia Hannigan said...

I've only seen a hummingbird once in my life and it was so magical. I have a feeder and my yard is full of birds and butterflies but no humming ones.
>:O(

Beatles collection a nice consolation though >:O)

TheVinylVillager said...

OK the hummingbird thing I dont get. Do you just stand outside and wait for one to come eat off your face??

That Janie Girl said...

I want one of those hummingbird hoods!

Seriously!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs