Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Daughter Got Me Hooked.... On Things I'd Never Have Watched

My dear daughter has gotten me hooked on a number of shows I would never have watched, had it not been for her suggestions. I really don't care for network shows with all their commercials, but I watched them anyway. OMG! I am so glad I did, for I might never have known about these shows otherwise.

The first one is GLEE, which is one of the best shows I've seen, in like forever. It's weird. It's funny. It's awkward. It's all about high school Glee Club. And, it's hilariously funny! You can watch all of the episodes online HERE. You can, of course, thank me later. The girls cheer coach is a psycho, but the talent amassed in this show is nothing short of genius.

The next one has taken the place of the Brothers & Sisters time slot but I think it's moving to a different time slot this week. It's called Modern Family and is an absolute riot. I laughed so hard at this show I thought my sides would bust. Again, this show is also weird. It's funny. It's awkward. It's everything in between. You will howl with laughter. Or perhaps I'm just sick.

News from SD this week is that she's had several scholarship offers but nothing that she's interested in. So, please keep those thoughts & prayers coming! UT! UT! UT! Go ahead! Join in! It's fun! It might work!

How kewl is it that The Saints won the Super Bowl? WHO DAT? Yeah baby! My good friend from San Antonio (who was born & raised in New Orleans) called to see if I wanted to meet her in N'Owleans for Mardi Gras but I had to pass. I've never enjoyed trying to improve on a good thing. I did Mardi Gras once when I was younger and don't care to try & improve on my experience, since I don't want to ruin the memory of said experience.

And, can I just say that I ran into more than my fair share of humans in need of *moron-ectomys* today? People driving 10 MPH through 20 MPH school zones, who sped up to 40 (in a 35) when they got to the end of the zone. People with stoopid questions at the post office (I swear one woman took ten minutes to decide on the difference between first class and Priority which was 20 cents!), and jerks who stayed on their cell phones thoughout the checkout at Office Depot, therefore making the line longer for the rest of us. We seriously don't need or want to hear your shallow conversations, okay? I just have no patience with inefficiency and *Doh! Heads* anymore.

I guess that about wraps it up for me today. I do hope everyone has a great week! And, watch out for the morons! They seem to be out in great numbers this week...

9 comments:

noble pig said...

I love GLEE..doesn't it bring back so many weird memories?

Daryl said...

ToonMan adores Modern Family, the teen daughter is one of his clients ...

N'awlins is my second favorite place .. San Francisco being #1 ... and I was so tickled the Saints won ... I knew they would....

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I love Glee too! I also like Men of a Certain Age. Cracks me up!

Tammy said...

Since I'm unemployed I watched an episode of Modern Family today online... Loved it!! My friend Chrissy has gotten me hooked on all kinds of shows I would never watch and I'm grateful... Sometimes the tv is a good escape.

snooty daughter said...

New Modern Family episodes come on Wednesday nights and Brothers and Sisters comes on Sundays :D There just wasn't a new one this week! And you can catch up on both on abc.com! Why do I work in film? I love TV!!!!!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I'm loving Glee too! Have you seen the Good Wife yet? I like that one too. We don't have the others over here yet.

Loved "moronectomy" I think that will be my new catch phrase :-)

Keeper Of All Things said...

I'm hooked on GLEE !!!!

kim-d said...

I LOVE Modern Family. I LOVE Cam the most; I want to be friends with him. Manny Delgado is hilarious, too. Just love the whole show.

Snooty Primadona said...

I just answered everyone & blogger ate my entire post so I've had it for the night...

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs