Monday, December 31, 2012

Ringing In The New Year... Dinner With Friends

Normally, we don't make any plans for ringing in the new year, but this year we decided to invite a few friends over for a sit-down dinner, with game playing to follow. My brother-in-law sent us the game "Cards Against Humanity" (for horrible people) for Christmas and we've been dying to try it. So, what better way, than to have a party, right?


Chances are, no one will make it to Midnight, but you never know. However, our evening will begin at 6:30 PM with appetizers and cocktails in the kitchen. Our kitchen has always been the gathering place for friends and family no matter how hard I try to use other rooms for entertaining. I finally quit fighting it.


The only way I can get the crowd into the dining room is to serve a formal dinner and play a game at the table afterward. Why didn't I figure this out years ago?



Since we haven't had a holiday party in many years, I'm getting rather excited. This might need to become a tradition. I mean, what good is it to keep up all the decorations if you're not going to flaunt them for friends?



Wishing each and every one of you a very prosperous and Happy New Year! Stay safe and don't forget to eat your black-eyed peas for luck and cabbage for money in your pocket...



3 comments:

Bodacious Boomer said...

I'm so glad you finally got to play CAH. We played it again recently. It' so funny and so terribly politically incorrect. Happy New Year Ms. Snoots.

Roan said...

I vote for making this a tradition. I was asleep before 10 last night. Hubs and I will have our celebration tonight. He gave up on retirement and took a part time job at Home Depot. Not quite like teaching, but he enjoys not having unruly highschoolers. Happy New Year!

That Janie Girl said...

Looks like fun!!! I've never played that game, we'll have to try it!

Happy New Year to y'all!!

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs