Monday, February 11, 2008

Snooty Primadona's Musings, Opinions & Critiques on Just About Everything Under The Sun… (Which translates to: I can insult the best & worst of people


Okay, I feel that I must say this upfront. I'm about as far from a "snooty primadona" as a woman could possibly get. However, I just love that title and had to make it mine! Quite frankly, the older I get, the more irreverent I get, so this just makes so much sense.
This is a picture of me from a few years ago when Dave, Clint & I all had our salsas entered in the Austin Hot Sauce Festival. I think this was from the 3rd year we all entered and DIDN'T WIN ...AGAIN!

I quite often stick my size 8.5 foot in my mouth even though I seriously don't mean to, but then sometimes I do mean to. Okay, I'm a paradox unto myself, but it doesn't end here by any means. People are so very strange and I like to toss wrenches into the works whenever possible. Whenever someone I know (and don't necessarily like) gets too full of himself or herself, I have this uncontrollable urge to knock them back to reality. (Yes, you moron, we are all, alas, humans. It's just that some us aren't sheep...) I just cannot help myself because it's always so much fun to do so. I like to do things like inquire as to whether it's time for them to take their medication or suggest it might be time for whatever meditation exercises they practice, to begin. I get many indignant stares as well as stares of disbelief, which are always most rewarding. Then I just let out a little giggle and move on to something else. Once again, get over yourselves. I ALWAYS LOVE THAT LINE OF Julia Robert's in "Pretty Woman" when she gets in the elevator for the first time & says "OH NO! I HAVE A RUN IN MY PANTYHOSE! OH WAIT! I'M NOT WEARING ANY PANTYHOSE!" That always cracks me up and the look on that woman's face is priceless!

ON ANOTHER NOTE: For the last several months, I've been undergoing a lot of dental agony, with not just one, but 3 dental MD's. Some of you with dental phobias might want to go on to the next post here. One is a regular dentist, one is a peridontist, and the other is an oral surgeon. I started out with an abscess tooth (yup, OUCH!) so, my regular dentist referred me to both the peridontist & the oral surgeon. The former for a spine tingling & excruciating "deep cleaning" and the latter for a 3-part root canal. Can we talk fun here??? Painkillers NOR Xanax worked on me for any of these procedures, but I've defied the odds & lived to tell the tale. For all of the above procedures I really wish that I'd had my Ipod because the sounds made by the doctors' tools were actually worse than the procedures. Forget fingernails on a chalkboard…. that would have been like music compared to this. Soooooo….. $5,000.00 later, I'm told to come back in 6 months to see if the procedures worked. TO SEE IF THE PROCEDURES WORKED?????? ARE THEY KIDDING???? SO THEY GET PAID THAT MUCH MONEY FOR A "MAYBE" YOU'RE TOOTH WILL LAST?? WE'RE TALKING ONE TOOTH HERE PEOPLE. IS THERE NO JUSTICE LEFT IN TOOTHDOM?

Alright, I've taken my Xanax and have calmed down now(just kidding - I don't take anything).... HAPPY? LOL! Well, I am happy and that's all that counts in my book, so get over it. Life is mysterious.... don't take it too serious... avoid being a moron at all costs.

No comments:

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs