Friday, March 28, 2008

Wow ~ What A Party!

Thank you! to all of you who answered my plea for help disguised as a contest. You shall be rewarded! I wore the #5 outfit, as is, with my *cocktail cowgirl boots* (my new name for them). As we left the house @ 7:10 p.m. (you can't be the first one to the party) I had a moment that I almost ran back to the bedroom and put on #3. I kid you not. I thought I was suddenly making a mistake, but I quickly came to my senses & realized that this is a crazy place. Like I said before, one never really knows what cocktail means in this town. Although, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern. More on this at a later date.


Knowing my hubby would likely rather lock me in the trunk of his car than let me change clothes, I decided I was fine & he rushed me through the front door almost as if he knew what I was thinking. After 30 yrs. of marriage? Nah! Besides, I'm an artist, which means you can wear & do whatever the heck you want, like wearing cowgirl boots to a cocktail party.


Upon arriving at the party, it was instantly obvious to me that the other women in attendance had been no less confused than I. What a treat! Of course the young people were in what I'd call cocktail attire & dressy and undeniably adorable, all. The over 50 crowd were about as diverse in costume as you can imagine in your wildest dreams (except for the men who were, of course, in the usual navy blazer uniform). I felt adorable even in my *cocktail cowgirl boots* but I'm seeing a definite trend that screams *too much comfort* arising from my generation. The attire was a dead giveaway on that & it was scary, as if suddenly seeing us all becoming our own parents. Well, maybe not ALL of us. The best part of all is my feet were as cozy as two babes in blankets and I still looked cute! Okay, maybe not cute....


So, I was able to take a quick shot of the betrothed pair, *A* & *C* and are they not just gorgeous? They are both so elegant & so in love & have such a wonderful road ahead of them, especially with an angel to watch over them. I almost envy them, but I've had my time and it's been one hell of a wonderful, wild ride. I wouldn't have missed it for anything. Their time is beginning now and I hope they will have as much fun as we've had on our journey, which isn't nearly over yet, folks.


Tomorrow I'll find out what all you winners want of my wares, if any. Don't worry. Either way, these feelings won't be hurt or otherwise. And congratulations should certainly accompany thank yous for your excellent choices! You girlfriends definitely have style!


Actually, can't you tell they were just being nice to this old lady so they could get back to having fun @ their party? Who cares? I'm glad I made them do it.

3 comments:

brneyedgal967 said...

You know you're becoming one of the old farts when you start buying your clothes on QVC - the knit collection. Or perhaps start wearing the sweaters for every season and emotion collection. If anyone sees me wear a sweater with a big santa or a flag... and it has matching theme buttons - just shoot me. Wouldja?

You, dahling - have exquisite taste. The cocktail cowboy boots are to DIE for and all the Silpada jewelry. I'm sure the comfort crew ladies were green with envy.

So you forgot the most important part. Did you have fun? Huh? Huh?

Snooty Primadona said...

Yup! We both had a great time & stayed longer than we thought we would. We left about the time the party was to end. I have to admit it really was a fun party.

One humorous thing was... the caterer was told to make all finger foods, but there was this huge bowl of the most delicious looking gazpacho I've ever seen, with avacados even. When I asked if there were any bowls, the hostess said no, because she'd only ordered finger foods, LOL! I told her she should have really messed with the guests further by putting out chopsticks with little plates next to it. I really wanted to try it though. It looked soooo good.

Meg said...

Glad you had a wonderful time the happy couple looks beautiful...youth...I remember that...

Now, where is the picture of YOU in your outfit?

 

Blog Designed by: NW Designs